Using an Existing Apple ID for iTunes Store Without a Credit Card


Last night, my brother asked me to help him create an iTunes Store account without a credit card because he could not figure out how to do it. It appeared that he had no option to select 'None' at the Payment Options, so I reviewed the Apple Article ID HT2534 on Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store account without a credit card. I followed the procedure for Creating an account on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, assuming that it will be his first time creating an Apple ID. Apparently, my brother already created one through Game Center --- kids! Games talaga agad ang inuna.

(Photo credits: Apple)
The problem is, everytime he logs in using his existing Apple ID account, he is prompted to review it for use with iTunes Store (Philippines) and select Visa, MasterCard or AMEX. There was no option for 'None' like what the article is saying, so I really got so pissed off at my brother because I had no choice but to let him use my credit card information. Then I found Article HT1918 about iTunes Store: Changing account information. So, after entering my credit card details on his Apple ID, which was against my will, I attempted to update his Payment Information and voila, credit card information removed! I tried to download a paid app and it prompted me to input credit card details! That was a good thing. I gave the iPhone back to my brother and he thanked me even after bitching on him the entire time. Hey, don't judge! I just came home from a seriously exhausting WOD at CrossFit MNL and I haven't even taken a shower when my brother approached me to troubleshoot his iPhone 5 stuff.


References:

No comments:

Post a Comment